Bannockburn Loop Track
This trip is easy access from Cromwell, or a short drive from Queenstown. Tranasport can be arranged.
Historic scenes and Central Otago's own homage to its gold mining past. Being based in Cromwell, this is basically our own backyard, our experience will help your group maximise the interesting facts to be found along the way. Understand the intricacies of the goldmining era, and enjoy a level of detail to your outdoor adventure that only locals know. This is a great opportunity for visitors of all fitness levels to experience the "desert made by water, large scale water blasting left a landscape transformed by humankind’s pursuit of possibility". Suitable for all ages, this is an ideal family day out finished off with a hillside picnic or a bowl of hot chips and a cold one at the local, with the best view in town.
For groups or couples, the opportunity to visit local vineyards should not be missed and from basic transport requirements to the ultimate bespoke visit to Bannockburn high country, Out There Southern Adventures provide the piece of mind that your experience will be one to be remembered.
Visit the remains of the dams, water races, rock tailings and caves left untouched since the last of the goldminers. This spectacular man-made landscape that can be explored on foot or bike via various tracks.
Timeframe: From 2 - 3 hours
Bannockburn Loop Track from $328 per person (two person minimum)
- Single $438
- $275 per person for five or more (maximum 10 people)
- Includes transfers to and from Queenstown, Wanaka or Cromwell
- Picnic lunch is an additional $20 per person (sandwich, apple, water, snacks)
- BBQ lunch on request, $30 per person
- BYO Available
- Gear hire included (if needed)
- Own footwear required
- Please note these are based on peak season prices, package options are available, please fill in our online questionnaire to get a customised quote for your dates