Glacier Burn Track
This is a great little trip that you can knock off in a few hours. Get out into the great outdoors, while maximising your short time in Queenstown! This is a nice handy track up from Glenorchy with options for time. That means you can spend a while and explore more, or if time is pressed you could go up and do a quick day trip. Pete has firsthand experience in this part of the world and can ensure your day trip is one to be remembered.
The Glacier Burn Track is not too difficult and it provides spectacular views and a real feeling of being out in amongst the elements inside some of New Zealand's most impressive landscapes. This is not a difficult walk, you just need moderate fitness level. It's 1.5 hours from the bottom into the glacier burn, it's steep enough in places and if you don't have the time to do the Routeburn Track this is an awesome alternative because of the similar views. Spectacular scenery, locally sourced picnic lunch available. 4 - 7 hour day depending on fitness levels and timeframe available.
Once in a lifetime views into the Valley where the glacier used to be, in winter you will see remnants of the main glacier of the Wakatipu basin.
Glacier Burn Track Pricing - from $328.00 per person (two person minimum)
- Single $438
- $275 per person for 3 or more (maximum 10 people)
- Includes transfers to and from Queenstown, Wanaka or Cromwell
- Picnic lunch is an additional $20 per person (sandwich, apple, water, snacks)
- BBQ lunch on request, $30 per person
- BYO Available
- Gear hire included (if needed)
- Own footwear required
- Please note these are based on peak season prices, package options are available, please fill in our online questionnaire to get a customised quote for your dates