Ben Lomond Track Queenstown
Let's be honest, The Ben Lomond Track is a bit of a hike. It's a full day and you end up at an elevation around 1,400m above sea level. It is worth the effort but you do need to be fit. Or you need to have plenty of time on your hands. The views are incredible, and if you have a general level of fitness (and good knees) the terrain is manageable and when you're up there the outlook is like nothing else. You can see mountains and lakes and across multiple ridge lines. Leave the office behind and get out there amongst the Otago high country, while enjoying picnic lunch and refreshments along the way.
If you want to take the pain out of the initial stages of the hike you can also catch the gondola to the top. From the gondola it is another 1.5 hours. The Gondola ticket is extra, we can arrange that for you.
Have a beer at the skyline.
Pete's highlight: the magnificent views over to Moke lake, and down into the Moonlights, Seffers Town over to Skippers, and Mt Aurum.
The thing to keep in mind with this one is that it is weather dependant, visibility wise not worth it on a foggy day. Being an experienced local guide, if we get there and the weather is no good, I will recommend an alternative local experience that won't be compromised by the weather.
Ben Lomond Track Queenstown from $328 per person (two person minimum)
- Single $438
- $275 per person for five or more (maximum 10 people)
- Includes transfers to and from Queenstown, Wanaka or Cromwell
- Picnic lunch is an additional $20 per person (sandwich, apple, water, snacks)
- BBQ lunch on request, $30 per person
- BYO Available
- Gear hire included (if needed)
- Own footwear required
- Please note these are based on peak season prices, package options are available, please fill in our online questionnaire to get a customised quote for your dates