Cascade Saddle and Matuktuki Valley
Get picked up from Queenstown or Wanaka, drive around to the Matukituki Valley at the Wanaka end of Mt Aspiring, and enjoy a scenic walk up the valley to the first hut in around 1.5 to 2 hours. Taste a locally prepared morning tea, from there its a bit of a hard slog up over the cascade saddle, it's a big day on the first day. You need to be really fit, but you'll remember it for the rest of your life.
From the top, you will drop down into the top of the Dart or Rees, and we can either walk out via the Rees or the Dart.
We have the gear you need to head out into the wilderness and explore the great outdoors. Hours of sunlight, and time to explore and enjoy, see scenery you will never forget. This is not one to tackle on your own. You can do it, provided you've got the equipment and the fitness levels, and our experience means each aspect of the trip will be taken care of.
Cascade Saddle and Matuktuki Valley Pricing from $988 ( based on 2 to 3pax)
- $878 (4 pax)
- $768 (5 pax)
- Includes transfers to and from Queenstown, Wanaka or Cromwell
- All breakfast, lunches and dinners included
- Gear hire included (if needed)
- Own footwear required
- 3 - 4 days minimum, pricing is per person per day, (minimum of 2 people).
- Please note these are based on peak season prices, package options are available, please fill in our online questionnaire to get a customised quote for your dates