The Routeburn Track
The Routeburn Track is best experienced in true outdoor style, and Out There Southern Adventures have the gear and the guide to ensure your experience is beyond what you had imagined. From the Glenorchy end to the Routeburn Flats Hut.
Soaring mountain peaks, native bush, huge valleys, waterfalls and jewel-like lakes within the Mount Aspiring National Park.
You will need a reasonably good level of fitness. If you want to go to the Falls hut we can do that too you just need to be a little more fit, like really quite fit - or we would need to leave a little earlier.
Glenorchy - Routeburn Flats Hut: For trips departing Queenstown we will need to be on the road by 8am. The walk in is 2.5 hours, enjoy lunch, and walk out. Return to Queenstown 5 - 5.30. For an overnight trip, we can set off later in the day, enjoy a BBQ dinner and a wine followed by story telling, a night under the stars (or in tents) and then walk out the following morning.
The part of New Zealand that the Routeburn Track winds through has been shaped by successive glaciations into fiords, rocky coasts, towering cliffs, lakes and waterfalls. Birdlife is prolific through forested sections of the track; native tomtits, robins, fantails, wood pigeons and bellbirds are commonly seen, as well as the cheeky Kea, the world's only alpine parrot.
Routeburn track, Glenorchy to Routeburn Flats Hut from $328 per person (two person minimum)
- Single $438
- $275 per person for five or more (maximum 10 people)
- Includes transfers to and from Queenstown, Wanaka or Cromwell
- Picnic lunch is an additional $20 per person (sandwich, apple, water, snacks)
- BBQ lunch on request, $30 per person
- BYO Available
- Gear hire included (if needed)
- Own footwear required
- Please note these are based on peak season prices, package options are available, please fill in our online questionnaire to get a customised quote for your dates